Messages From Your Town Hall
Due to Steuben County being placed in the “red” level for Covid risk, for the safety of our town employees and our residents, the Town offices will be closed to the public until further notice. We will continue to run the office Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am until 2:00 pm. and will be available by appointment only. If you have questions or concerns, please call 260-495-9158. If necessary, please leave a message and we will return your call within two business days. If you have an emergency with your grinder, call 260-316-3214.
When paying your sewer/trash bill, you may mail it to: Town of Clear Lake, 111 Gecowets Drive, Fremont, IN 46737 or drop it in the dropbox, located to the left of our front entrance or you may pay on line for a small additional fee. See the Town’s website, www.townofclearlake.org for on line payment instructions.
We apologize for any inconvenience. Stay safe and healthy.
Sign Up For Auto Pay Today! It is Easy and Convenient
The Clear Lake Town Hall located at 111 Gecowets Drive in Clear Lake, Indiana. Walk-in business hours are 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Monday through Friday or by appointment. The office Telephone Number is 260.495.9158. A Dropoff Box is available for leaving payments or correspondence
The Town of Clear Lake's Zoning Administrator is available by appointment only. Appointments can be made by calling Town Hall at 260.495.9158 (leave a message if necessary) or emailing email@example.com.
It’s never too early to see if a project you are considering at the lake meets the standards of the Town’s Unified Development Ordinance. Generally, the town requires an Improvement Location Permit (ILP) for decks, fences, sheds, generators, concrete work, new structures, and other projects involving modifications to existing structures or driveways.
Upon TOCL issuing an ILP, the homeowner/contractor is responsible for obtaining a Steuben County Building Permit - 260-668-1000 ex 1250
Update Owners Contact Information
Please be sure to keep current your owner information by contacting Town Hall if you have moved or other important phone numbers or information has changed. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for your cooperation.
The following are the Recycling Guidelines from Washler, Inc.:
1. Aluminum: Beverage cans, foil, pie and dinner trays, rinsed well.
2. Cardboard: Flattened (Pizza boxes are acceptable).
3. Paper: Newspaper, magazines, junk mail. Books are not acceptable.
4. Plastics: Look for the #1, 2 or 5 in the triangular recycling emblem (usually on the bottom of the container). These numbers are all acceptable. You will find them on most household containers such as milk, juice, detergent, sour cream, cottage cheese, shampoos and lotions. Plastic bags are also recyclable. Most plastic toys are not acceptable.
5. Steel: Cans and other steel objects that attract a magnet are acceptable. Some scrap metals are accepted but if they pose a risk of damage to the truck/equipment, they may be left behind.
6. Glass: NO GLASS ACCEPTED
Watch for photos coming soon on to our new Photo Gallery page which is under contruction. Photo courtesy Clear Lake Conservancy